- August 27, 2018
- Posted by: Mor Hazen
- Category: carats blog posts
What an August it has been for us here at Carats.io! While the sun was shining and the waves were rolling outside, our team continued to work long (but fruitful) hours on our project (with our AC blasting full-strength). With so many significant developments, the excitement has been palpable in the air.
Some of the groundbreaking updates from our past month:
- Alliance with Kela – Asia’s top jewellery and diamonds e-tailer announced they would accept the CARAT token as a means of payment on their online market. Meanwhile, Carats.io agreed to become Kela’s blockchain and technology partner, to keep the company on top of all the latest technological innovations in the diamond industry. Read more here.
- Memorandum of Understanding with the International Diamond Exchange (IDEX) – Carats.io signed an agreement with one of the largest global diamond trading platforms to jointly continue to develop our Diamond Pricing Algorithm (DPA) and Diamond Financial Index (DFX) while building viable financial and investment mechanisms for the diamond industry.
- Global coverage of our partnership with Celsius – Towards the end of July, we signed a strategic partnership with Celsius, the blockchain-powered lending and borrowing platform. It turns out we’re not the only ones excited by this partnership. The announcement made waves in the global press, and was picked up and published by Reuters, the global media giant. Check out their article here.
- Carats.io continuing to go big in East Asia – This time, our CEO Avishai presented the Carats.io vision and project to the crowds at the “DayDayUp MeetUp” in Beijing.
These breakthroughs and partnerships continue to provide confidence and belief in our vision, while energizing our team to continue to forge ahead in the construction of the world’s first financial market for diamonds.